Plas Newydd was home to the Ladies of Llangollen, Lady Eleanor Butler and Miss Sarah Ponsonby, from 1780 – 1829. They became celebrated throughout the country as the story of their friendship spread through Regency Society. The house retains the Gothic features they introduced.
Plas Newydd is set in peaceful gardens surrounded by trees and include the font from the nearby Valle Crucis Abbey.
The circle of stones in the grounds of Plas Newydd were used for the 1908 Llangollen National Eisteddfod.
VISIT ONLINE :