Plas Newydd

Plas Newydd was home to the Ladies of Llangollen, Lady Eleanor Butler and Miss Sarah Ponsonby, from 1780 – 1829. They became celebrated throughout the country as the story of their friendship spread through Regency Society. The house retains the Gothic features they introduced.

Plas Newydd is set in peaceful gardens surrounded by trees and include the font from the nearby Valle Crucis Abbey.

The circle of stones in the grounds of Plas Newydd were used for the 1908 Llangollen National Eisteddfod.

Plas Newydd
 Click on any of the images below to view the larger picture
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 
 
Plas Newydd in Llangollen North Wales
 

Below Photos of Plas Newydd Reproduced with Thanks from the collection of Graham Greasley

For more old photos of Llangollen Click here